Swyddi ar lein
Business Support Officer
£22,369 - £24,054 a year | Permanent
- Job title:
- Business Support Officer
- GwE - Regional School Effectiveness and Improvement Service
- Closing date:
- 06/04/2023 10:00
- Job type/Hours:
- Permanent | 37 Hour
- £22,369 - £24,054 a year
- Pay Scale:
- See Job Advertisement
BUSINESS SUPPORT OFFICER
SALARY: GS4 (£22,369 -£ 24,054)
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Location: one of the 3 GwE regional offices (Caernarfon, Colwyn Bay, Mold)
GwE is the school improvement service for North Wales. It is a shared service across six Local Authorities, working closely with schools. Our work is driven by genuine ambition to see the schools and organisations we work with achieve their aspirations and to see all learners succeed.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting specific areas or initiatives within the service, providing general business support. Duties will include all business support arrangements, i.e. supporting programmes, maintaining all records to a high standard, undertaking financial administration, the tracking & recording of expenditure, data collection, main point of contact for all stakeholders.
The ability to communicate fluently in Welsh is essential for this post.
Local Government Terms and Conditions will apply.
CLOSING DATE: 10.00am, Thursday, 6 April 2023
For an informal discussion, please contact Ann Grenet on 07580 711022 or 01286 685044, or e-mail anngrenet@GwEGogledd.Cymru
For further details and an application form please go to www.gwynedd.gov.uk ‘Jobs and Careers’ or contact 01286 679076.
Person Specification: GwE Business Support Officer
METHOD OF ASSESSMENT
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification
Recognised qualification in business or administration
Recognised qualification in IT with a word processing element
Recognised qualification in word processing and typing
Some experience of business administration in a busy office environment
Use of a content management system to maintain a website
Experience of arranging meetings and seminars
Experience of processing orders and invoices
Experience of minute taking
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Effective use of ICT packages
Use of relevant equipment/resources
Good Communication Skills
Good keyboard skills
High level of competency in word processing (speed and accuracy)
Awareness of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Act
Extensive use of Microsoft applications
Inventive use of spreadsheets and presentation software
Ability to use creativity in the production and presentation of documents
Understanding of the service’s policies, procedures and standards
Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the service
The ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with people at all levels
Ability to work on own initiative
Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Enthusiastic and conscientious, viewing challenges with a positive attitude
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
Work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
Confidence to communicate fluently in Welsh verbally and in writing.
Empathy with the Welsh language and culture
Full driving licence and access to own transport
Application Form Interview
Under the instruction/guidance of senior staff, and utilising a variety of ICT packages, provide general business support to GwE.
- Provide general business support e.g. photocopying, filing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence from Local Authorities, Welsh Government, Schools, Governors, Councillors, Parents/Guardians and other stakeholders.
- Validate and maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems.
- Utilise ICT packages (e.g. Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, TEAMS, Zoom, Wordpress, Padlet, Jamboard, Hwb etc) and produce lists/information/data as required.
- Organise meetings, training courses and events (face to face and virtual) – including the registration process, record of attendees.
- Arrange agendas and undertake notetaking at meetings.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
- Provide appropriate cover for colleagues on same grade (or above) during periods of holidays, sickness and other unforeseen events.
- Undertake reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries.
- Undertake financial administration to include ordering of goods /services, the processing of invoices for payment and the recording of orders / expenditure.
- Be responsible for the administration & support of specific areas or initiatives within the service. Duties to include all business arrangements, i.e. data collection, maintaining all records to a high standard, the tracking & recording of expenditure, main point of contact for all stakeholders.
- Update the GwE website as & when required.
- As a member of a team to advise on business matters to ensure the efficient business operation of the service.
- The post holder will need to take responsibility and lead on specific work within the service.
- Liaise with all staff within GwE, including senior officers and with external services, as and when required, to ensure the delivery of an effective service.
- Assist with the coordination of specific projects as and when required.
- Maintain high standards of ICT skills for delivery of efficient service.
- Utilise software packages to enable speedy turnaround of specifically urgent work, when required.
- Responsibility for self-development.
- A general responsibility to contribute to the successful operation of GwE by recognising that the purpose of the service is to facilitate and support learning in the six Local Authorities. This requires staff to work together in teams and to accept the flexibility of roles in order to meet changing demands and circumstances.
- The post holder will demonstrate the highest standards of the service behaviours and values.
- To ensure compliance with workplace Health and Safety rules in accordance with the responsibilities set out in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Service's Safety Policy.
- Operate within the service's policies on equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsibility for information management in accordance with service information management standards and guidelines. To ensure that personal information is treated in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
- Commitment to reducing carbon emissions in accordance with the Carbon Management Plan, and to encourage others to act positively towards reducing Carbon Footprint.
- Undertake any other equivalent and reasonable duties commensurate with the level of responsibility of the post.
- Responsibility to report concern or suspicion of abuse of a vulnerable child or adult.
The above list of duties is only an outline. The post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties relevant to the nature and scale of the post, in accordance with reasonable requests from the Line Manager.