Swyddi ar lein
Mobile General Kitchen Assistant
See Job Advertisement | Permanent
- Job title:
- Mobile General Kitchen Assistant
- Ancillary Services
- Closing date:
- 27/10/2023 10:00
- Job type/Hours:
- Permanent | 16.25 Hour
- See Job Advertisement
- Pay Scale:
- Term time job:
- 39 Weeks
Wanted as soon as possible
Mobile General Kitchen Assistant
To prepare and serve the food, and general kitchen duties 16.25 hours per week during the school term
GS1 pwynt 2 £10.59 yr awr / per hour (£8.86 wedi ei gyfartalu- averaged)
Cyflog wythnosol / Weekly Salary - £143.97
The Council will request a Criminal Records Bureau disclosure for the successful applicant and you will receive an email from ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ to complete a DBS form online.
The applicant will be expected to reach the linguistic level noted as one of the essential skills in the Person Specification.
We welcome applications in Welsh and English and applications will be treated completely equally.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Dyddiad Cau / Closing Date: 13.10.2023
Ffurflenni cais oddi wrth ac i'w dychwelyd i / Application forms from and to be returned to: Gwasanaeth Cefnogol, Cefnogaeth Gorfforaethol, Caernarfon. Rhif Ffôn / Telephone number 01286 679076
To be able to work as part of a team (School team and kitchen team)
Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
Self motivated, happy disposition.
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT TRAINING
Basic food hygiene or agreement to pass the course within 3 months of appointment
Full driving licence
Car owner and prepared to use own car for work (Business use on Car Insurance)
Training in food production or food service skills.
Training in Health and Safety, e.g. moving and handling or first aid.
Training in selling skills.
Experience of being employed in a food production environment
SKILLS AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
Good interpersonal skills
Good communication skills
Listening and Speaking - Entry Level
Able to pronounce the names of places and people correctly. Able to follow instructions and understand simple conversation through the medium of Welsh and English on familiar matters and respond to simple requests for information
Reading and Understanding - Entry Level
Able to read and understand short and simple letters, e-mails, leaflets, and signs in Welsh and English on familiar everyday issues, in order to convey them to someone else.
Writing - Entry Level
Able to write a simple message requesting or giving information about familiar everyday issues in the workplace.
Purpose of the Post.
• Ensure that the people of Gwynedd are at the heart of everything we do.
• To go to kitchens at short notice to cover staff absences. To assist the Cook in Charge in the preparation of simple food, food service, setting up and clearing the dining room. Wash the equipment and clean the kitchen and dining room.
• This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Responsibility for functions . e.g. staff, budgets, equipment
• To work under the direction of the Cook in Charge or the Deputy.
• To assist in the preparation of simple food and to serve the food.
• To keep all the kitchen and dining room area clean, including the building fabric of the kitchen and the dining room when it is only used as a dining room.
• When the dining room is used for more than one purpose, clean the floor move every trace of food using a damp mop if necessary.
• To carry out general kitchen duties including washing dishes, setting and clearing equipment and dining room furniture.
• Where there is no Assistant Cook the General Kitchen Assistant will be in charge of the kitchen in the absence of the Cook in Charge at the appropriate pay grade.
• To maintain a high degree of personal cleanliness and wear suitable clean overalls.
• To comply with Gwynedd Council’s Health and Safety Policy and Food Safety Policy.
• Any other relevant duties following a reasonable request.
• Responsibility for self-development.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety rules in the workplace in accordance with the responsibilities noted in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
• Operate within the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
• Responsible for managing information in accordance with the Council’s information management guidelines. Ensure that personal information is treated in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
• Commitment to reducing the Council’s carbon emissions in accordance with the Carbon Management Plan, and to encourage others to act positively towards reducing the Council’s Carbon Footprint.
• Undertake any other reasonable duty which corresponds to the salary level and responsibility level of the job.
• Responsibility to report any concern or suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused.
Special Circumstances . e.g. the need to work unsociable hours, special working arrangements etc.
• There will be occasions when the individual will be required to work to provide refreshment outside normal hours of work such as in service training days.
• There will be occasions when the individual will be required to transport meals to another school and to serve the food.