Swyddi ar lein
Low Carbon Energy Programme Manager
£54,585 - £57,580 a year | Permanent
- Job title:
- Low Carbon Energy Programme Manager
- Ambition North Wales
- Closing date:
- 23/06/2023 10:00
- Job type/Hours:
- Permanent | 37 Hour
- £54,585 - £57,580 a year
- Pay Scale:
- Sarn Mynach, Cyffordd Llandudno
Gwynedd Council offers an attractive employment package, for more information please click on this Pecyn Gwybodaeth
Gwynedd Council operates internally through the medium of Welsh, and offers all its services bilingually. The applicant will be required to reach the linguistic level noted as one of the essential skills in the Person Specification.
We encourage everyone who applies for a job with Gwynedd Council to submit job applications in Welsh or bilingually.
(Applications submitted in English only or Welsh only will always be treated equally, but we ask applicants to consider carefully what the linguistic requirements of the job in question is and if it would be more appropriate to submit an application in Welsh.)
For further information about this post please contact Hedd Vaughan-Evans or Nia Medi Williams on email@example.com
Interviews will be held 11/07/2023 or 13/07/2023.
Application forms and further details available from, Support Service, Gwynedd Council, Council Offices, Caernarfon, LL55 1SH
Tel: 01286 679076
CLOSING DATE: 10.00 AM, FRIDAY, 23/06/2023.
If you are successful to be short listed for an interview you will be contacted by E-MAIL using the address provided on your application form. You need to ensure that you check your email regularly.
•Flexible with regard to areas of responsibility, differing priorities and adaptable to change
•Excellent organisational skills
•Ability to work under own initiative as well as a team player
•Ability to work under pressure and have coping strategies to work in a fast paced environment
•Proven ability to meet deadlines and targets
•Ability to motivate and inspire others to take action
Qualifications and relevant training
•Degree/post graduate in a relevant field (or equivalent)
•Member of Professional Institution
•Evidence of continuous professional development
•Previous experience of budget management
•Previous experience of staff management
•Experience in the delivery of energy projects, solutions and programmes
•Experience of prioritising strategic opportunities and securing consensus for project selection
•Experience of successful programme and/or project delivery to deadline and to budget
Skills and specialist knowledge
•Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
•Good knowledge of programme and project management methods
•Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes
•Knowledge of topic of specific programme
•Understanding of procurement process
•Understanding of financial management practice
•Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme
•ICT literate, at ease with Word, PowerPoint, Excel and relevant databases and social media
•Awareness of current and emerging technologies in the energy supply and generation industries
•High level negotiating skills including securing approvals within complex governance arrangements
•Experience of effective public/stakeholder engagement
•Knowledge of benefits of specific programme topic to economic growth
•Experience of business case development
•Experience of working with Elected Members and dealing with politically sensitive issues
Listening and Speaking
Able to deal with all aspects of the job verbally in a confident manner in both English and Welsh.
Reading and Understanding
Able to use and interpret correctly any information in both English and Welsh from a wide variety of sources in order to deal with all aspects of the post.
Able to present written information in both English and Welsh with complete confidence using the most appropriate language and style to meet the needs of the reader.
Purpose of the post
- Leadership of the Low Carbon Energy programme including design, negotiation and planning;
- Management, co-ordination and implementation of the Low Carbon Energy programme;
- Development, negotiation and agreement of business cases for all projects within the scope of the programme;
- Oversee project delivery across the programme including project design and planning, implementation and conclusion;
- Achievement of individual project and cumulative programme outcomes and targets on time and within allocated resources;
- Co-ordination of joint and inter-dependent planning and implementation of programmes within the Growth Deal including risk management and benefits realization;
- Contribute to the implementation of the regional Growth Vision, Regional Economic Framework and Regional Energy Strategy including Local Areas Energy Plans.
Responsibility for functions
- Manage the programme budget up to £100m, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Line manage up to 5 staff
- Be responsible for relevant equipment including laptops and mobile phones
- Maintain and improve programme management systems and disciplines to industry standard;
- Oversee design, negotiation, agreement and planning matters within the programme;
- Co-ordination and implementation of Low Carbon Energy programme;
- Collective co-ordination and management of the inter-dependencies across programmes and project including risk management and benefits realization.
- Maintain and improve project management systems and disciplines to industry standard;
- Oversee multiple projects through design and business case completion including negotiation and agreement with project sponsors;
- Oversee the delivery and implementation of multiple projects within the programme;
- Quality assurance of all project work.
Programme and Contracts Governance
- Creation and management of new delivery vehicles as needed;
- Negotiation and management of contracts.
- Capital and revenue programme budget and grant management;
- Achievement of any set commercial and income targets.
- Performance management and accountability at programme and project output levels;
- Risk management and accountability at programme and project output levels;
- Team and people management – support and develop your direct reports to succeed in their roles and support the wider development of the team as part of the leadership team.
Reporting and Accountability
- Reporting on programme, project and resource planning and management to Board level and to sponsoring Governments, partners and stakeholders;
- Quality assurance of all data and performance reports;
- Acting as an expert and trusted advisor.
- Acting as an advocate for the Ambition North Wales partnership, the Growth Deal and the region;
- Develop, manage and maintain effective external relationships at all levels;
- Management of programme external communications and public relations.
- Collective forward strategy - development and planning
Compliance and Conduct
- Working to all set policies and procedures and law e.g. HR, financial, equalities, health and safety;
- Demonstrating the highest standards of professional behaviours and values.
- Oversee delivery of the Regional Energy Strategy and Action Plan and the Local Area Energy Plans in partnership with Welsh Government Energy Service;
- Be responsible for the delivery of the Low Carbon Energy programme within the North Wales Growth Dealensuring that the projects deliver on their targets;
- Lead on negotiations with project sponsors, investors and key stakeholders including UK and Welsh Governments, providing the knowledge and expertise required to support the business case for investment in projects;
- Establish strong partnerships with cross-border hubs and programmes to support strategic aims in the Regional energy Strategy and exploit joint investment opportunities;
- Lead and manage the Low Carbon Energy programme team and the Strategic Energy Team that will support the delivery outcomes and benefits associated with the projects and project work streams;
- Manage the energy related work of the North Wales Economic Ambition Board to include provision of support and guidance to senior members and officers in order to inform decision making;
Work with project developers, community groups, energy providers and network suppliers and other partners to ensure North Wales is well placed to benefit from the energy revolution, net zero and decarbonisation initiatives and funding opportunities.