Swyddi ar lein
Sports Apprentice x6
See Job Advertisement | Temporary
- Job title:
- Sports Apprentice x6
- Closing date:
- 13/04/2023 10:00
- Job type/Hours:
- Temporary two years | 37 Hour
- See Job Advertisement
- Pay Scale:
Make a genius decision, choose an apprenticeship in Gwynedd Council!
Have you considered a career in sports?
To be successful in this apprenticeship, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is ready to learn. We are also looking for an individual who can communicate with confidence, work as part of a team and demonstrate their potential to succeed as an apprentice.
Following an apprenticeship is merely the start of the journey as it can lead to a number of exciting career paths. Therefore, don’t miss this opportunity – apply today!
CLOSING DATE: 10.00a.m, THURSDAY 13th April 2023
Remember to follow the guidelines in the INFORMATION PACK when completing the application form.
If you are short listed, you will be contacted by phone.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com
For more information - https://www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/apprenticeships
Show the appropriate behaviour and attitude
- Be fair and able to treat others with respect
- Be helpful and positive
Show commitment to work or project
- Be responsible for carrying out the duties of an apprentice role to the highest level
- Fulfil all required duties
Working as part of a team
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Contribute towards team meetings and communicate regularly and effectively with other team members
Communicating with confidence
- Be able to communicate with confidence in Welsh and English
- Be able to show the appropriate skills to communicate effectively with any audience
Commitment to learning
- Commit to your development to fulfil your job and apprenticeship
- Continuously identify and implement personal development needs
Understand what is required to work for the council
- Understand the challenges that is facing the Council
- Pursue opportunities to be creative
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd is central to everything that you do
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT TRAINING
Qualified to at least level 2 meeting the following requirements:
- 4 GCSEs grade D or above (grade C or above in mathematics)
- Level 2 vocational qualification (e.g. BTEC First Level 2 Diploma)
For your information, any combination of qualifications with an equivalent grade will be acceptable
SKILLS AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
Listening and Speaking
Able to maintain a fluent conversation on a number of various everyday subjects, and discuss cases involving the field of work.
Able to follow a discussion in Welsh, in Clear Welsh, on familiar matters relating to the post. Able to contribute to the conversation and answer questions.
Reading and Understanding
Understand everyday correspondence on familiar issues at work.
Understand longer reports in Clear Welsh and be able to pick up the main points. (help may be required with the vocabulary).
Able to write letters for a specific purpose, e-mails and short reports in Welsh and English, using vocabulary and simple phrases that are familiar to the field of work. (They will need to be checked before being sent out).
PURPOSE OF THE POST
- Receive experiences and support in the workplace to complete an apprenticeship and gain qualifications in the Sports and Leisure field.
- Promote and support a healthy lifestyle
- Ensuring that the people of Gwynedd are central to everything we do
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNCTIONS
- Prepare equipment and locations
- Occasionally complete maintenance tasks
- Handle money and stock from time to time
Byw'n Iach is a company limited by guarantee under the management of Gwynedd Council. Byw'n Iach implements an agreement on behalf of Gwynedd Council to manage 11 Leisure Centers in the county and provide a range of Sports, Health and Fitness services.
This apprenticeship will be an opportunity for an individual to have a wide range of experiences in the field of sport and to have experiences serving the public.
All Gwynedd Council apprentices are expected to demonstrate the following:
- The right behavior and attitude
- Do your best in the day to day work and the qualification
- Contribute towards the success of Healthy Living and the Council
- Work effectively as part of a team
- Communicate effectively
- Being ready to learn new things
- Understand exactly what it takes to work for the Council
Here is an overview of the main duties of the job:
- Being an important part of promoting and supporting the people of Gwynedd of lead healthy lifestyles
- Planning and helping with the running of sports and fitness activities
- Communicate with customers to identify what they need to follow a healthy lifestyle
- Promote our services
- Being on reception sometimes serving customers
- Ensuring the public is safe
- Promoting the Welsh language within the Centre
As a member of Gwynedd Council's staff, you have the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for self development
- Ensure that Health and Safety rules in the workplace and the Council's Health and Safety policy are followed
- That you follow the Council's equal opportunities and equality policies
- Responsibility for managing information appropriately and ensuring that personal information is handled appropriately
- Commit to the Carbon Management Plan and encourage people to reduce the Council's carbon footprint
- Responsibility to report if you suspect a child or vulnerable adult is being abused
- The apprentice should be flexible with a working pattern
- It will be necessary to work shifts including evening and weekend work