Swyddi ar lein
Business and Systems Support Apprentice
See Job Advertisement | Temporary
- Job title:
- Business and Systems Support Apprentice
- Closing date:
- 28/03/2023 04:43
- Job type/Hours:
- Temporary two years | 37 Hour
- See Job Advertisement
Make a genius decision, choose an apprenticeship in Gwynedd Council!
Have you considered a career in business support?
To be successful in this apprenticeship, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is ready to learn. We are also looking for an individual who can communicate with confidence, work as part of a team and demonstrate their potential to succeed as an apprentice.
Following an apprenticeship is merely the start of the journey as it can lead to a number of exciting career paths. Therefore, don’t miss this opportunity – apply today!
CLOSING DATE: 10.00a.m, THURSDAY 13th April 2023
Remember to follow the guidelines in the INFORMATION PACK when completing the application form.
If you are short listed, you will be contacted by phone.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com
For more information - https://www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/apprenticeships
Show the appropriate behaviour and attitude
- Be fair and able to treat others with respect
- Be helpful and positive
Show commitment to work or project
- Be responsible for carrying out the duties of an apprentice role to the highest level
- Fulfil all required duties
Working as part of a team
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Contribute towards team meetings and communicate regularly and effectively with other team members
Communicating with confidence
- Be able to communicate with confidence in Welsh and English
- Be able to show the appropriate skills to communicate effectively with any audience
Commitment to learning
- Commit to your development to fulfil your job and apprenticeship
- Continuously identify and implement personal development needs
Understand what is required to work for the council
- Understand the challenges that is facing the Council
- Pursue opportunities to be creative
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd is central to everything that you do
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT TRAINING
Qualified to at least level 2 meeting the following requirements:
- 4 GCSEs grade D or above (grade C or above in mathematics)
- Level 2 vocational qualification (e.g. BTEC First Level 2 Diploma)
For your information, any combination of qualifications with an equivalent grade will be acceptable
SKILLS AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
Listening and Speaking
Able to maintain a fluent conversation on a number of various everyday subjects, and discuss cases involving the field of work.
Able to follow a discussion in Welsh, in Clear Welsh, on familiar matters relating to the post. Able to contribute to the conversation and answer questions.
Reading and Understanding
Understand everyday correspondence on familiar issues at work.
Understand longer reports in Clear Welsh and be able to pick up the main points. (help may be required with the vocabulary).
Able to write letters for a specific purpose, e-mails and short reports in Welsh and English, using vocabulary and simple phrases that are familiar to the field of work. (They will need to be checked before being sent out).
PURPOSE OF THE POST
- Receive experiences and support in the workplace to complete an apprenticeship and gain qualifications in the finance field
- Being able to respond to inquiries about care when service users call or email
- Ensuring that the people of Gwynedd are central to everything we do
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNCTIONS
The Home Care service is currently going through an exciting period of change.
We are responsible for providing home care in sub-areas across Gwynedd, and are looking for an individual to join us to develop their business and systems support skills.
The job is specifically located in Dolgellau, where there will be an opportunity to be part of a bigger team.
All Gwynedd Council apprentices are expected to demonstrate the following:
- The right behaviors and attitude
- Do your best in the day to day work and the qualification
- Contribute towards the success of the Council
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Communicate effectively
- Be ready to learn new things
- Understand exactly what is needed to work for the Council
Here is an overview of the main duties of the job:
- Support the work to be moving from paper arrangements in the office to working electronically.
- Being able to respond to public inquiries over the phone or by e-mail.
- Dealing with carers who work in the area
- Assist the Administrator in recording information
- Assist with the work of keeping an accurate record of staff training.
- Assist the service in keeping and maintaining our data correctly
- Assist with general administrative work including; typing, filing, copying and sorting
As a Cyngor Gwynedd member of staff, you have the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety rules in the workplace and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy are followed
- Follow the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for managing information and to ensure that personal information is treated appropriately
- Commit to the Carbon Management Plan and encourage people to reduce the Council’s Carbon Footprint
- Responsibility to report any suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused
The apprentice should be flexible in regards to their working pattern