Swyddi ar lein
Civil Engineering Apprentice YGC - Ref: 22-24751
See Job Advertisement | Temporary
- Job title:
- Civil Engineering Apprentice YGC
- Closing date:
- 13/04/2023 10:00
- Job type/Hours:
- Temporary two years | 37 Hour
- See Job Advertisement
Make a genius decision, choose an apprenticeship in Gwynedd Council!
Have you considered a career in civil engineering?
To be successful in this apprenticeship, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is ready to learn. We are also looking for an individual who can communicate with confidence, work as part of a team and demonstrate their potential to succeed as an apprentice.
Following an apprenticeship is merely the start of the journey as it can lead to a number of exciting career paths. Therefore, don’t miss this opportunity – apply today!
CLOSING DATE: 10.00a.m, THURSDAY 13th April 2023
Remember to follow the guidelines in the INFORMATION PACK when completing the application form.
If you are short listed, you will be contacted by phone.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information - https://www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/apprenticeships
Show the appropriate behaviour and attitude
- Be fair and able to treat others with respect
- Be helpful and positive
Show commitment to work or project
- Be responsible for carrying out the duties of an apprentice role to the highest level
- Fulfil all required duties
Working as part of a team
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Contribute towards team meetings and communicate regularly and effectively with other team members
Communicating with confidence
- Be able to communicate with confidence in Welsh and English
- Be able to show the appropriate skills to communicate effectively with any audience
Commitment to learning
- Commit to your development to fulfil your job and apprenticeship
- Continuously identify and implement personal development needs
Understand what is required to work for the council
- Understand the challenges that is facing the Council
- Pursue opportunities to be creative
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd is central to everything that you do
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT TRAINING
Qualified to at least level 2 meeting the following requirements:
- 4 GCSEs grade D or above (grade C or above in mathematics)
- Level 2 vocational qualification (e.g. BTEC First Level 2 Diploma)
For your information, any combination of qualifications with an equivalent grade will be acceptable
SKILLS AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
Listening and Speaking
Able to maintain a fluent conversation on a number of various everyday subjects, and discuss cases involving the field of work.
Able to follow a discussion in Welsh, in Clear Welsh, on familiar matters relating to the post. Able to contribute to the conversation and answer questions.
Reading and Understanding
Understand everyday correspondence on familiar issues at work.
Understand longer reports in Clear Welsh and be able to pick up the main points. (help may be required with the vocabulary).
Able to write letters for a specific purpose, e-mails and short reports in Welsh and English, using vocabulary and simple phrases that are familiar to the field of work. (They will need to be checked before being sent out).
PURPOSE OF THE POST
- Receive experiences and support in the workplace to complete and apprenticeship and gain qualifcations in the field
- To contribute as a member of a team within YGC to provide civil engineering services across Gwynedd
- Ensuring that the people of Gwynedd are central to everything we do
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNCTIONS
YGC is responsible for designing and carrying out a number of key projects on some of the roads and highways in the Gwynedd region and beyond. We also offer a range of specific services such as environmental engineering, flood prevention and coastal protection..
YGC currently employs 120 members of staff with offices in Caernarfon, Dolgellau and Pwllheli, and YGC generates an income of around £5.5 million per year.
This apprenticeship will be an opportunity for you to be part of the Civil Engineering Technical team. This will enable you to work with experts in construction and design. You will have the opportunity to realize large plans as part of the project team, be part of a transport team, and work with experts in geo-technical work.
All Gwynedd Council apprentices are expected to demonstrate the following:
- The right behavior and attitude
- Do your best in the day to day work and the qualification
- Contribute towards the success of YGC and the Council
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Communicate effectively
- Be ready to learn new things
- Understand exactly what is needed to work for the Council
Here is an overview of the main duties of the job:
- Assist engineering and technical staff with project completion, technical design and administrative and office duties
- Assisting with the delivery of large Projects
- Supporting staff to design, inspect and manage bridges
- Develop an understanding of transport engineering, water and wastewater engineering, harbors and marinas, and geo-technical engineering
- Assist with the completion of road safety inspections and traffic impact assessments
- Supporting staff to design road markings and signs
- Assisting in carrying out accident studies and traffic surveys
- Assisting with inspection, assessment and maintenance work
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with clients
- Assisting with the inspection of the work on construction sites as required
- Operating computer systems
As a Cyngor Gwynedd member of staff, you have the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety rules in the workplace and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy are followed
- Follow the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for managing information and to ensure that personal information is treated appropriately
- Commit to the Carbon Management Plan and encourage people to reduce the Council’s Carbon Footprint
- Responsibility to report any suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused
- Over the course of the apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to Coleg Cambria during the academic year.
- The apprentice will be required to work outside normal office hours at certain times.