Swyddi ar lein
Youth Work and Learning Support Apprentice
See Job Advertisement | Temporary
- Job title:
- Youth Work and Learning Support Apprentice
- Closing date:
- 13/04/2023 10:00
- Job type/Hours:
- Temporary two years | 37 Hour
- See Job Advertisement
- Ysgol Hafod Lon, Penrhyndeudraeth
Make a genius decision, choose an apprenticeship in Gwynedd Council!
Have you considered a career in youth work and learning support?
To be successful in this apprenticeship, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is ready to learn. We are also looking for an individual who can communicate with confidence, work as part of a team and demonstrate their potential to succeed as an apprentice.
Following an apprenticeship is merely the start of the journey as it can lead to a number of exciting career paths. Therefore, don’t miss this opportunity – apply today!
CLOSING DATE: 10.00a.m, THURSDAY 13th April 2023
Remember to follow the guidelines in the INFORMATION PACK when completing the application form.
The Council will request a Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service for the successful candidate.
If you are short listed, you will be contacted by phone.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com
For more information - https://www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/apprenticeships
Show the appropriate behaviour and attitude
- Be fair and able to treat others with respect
- Be helpful and positive
Show commitment to work or project
- Be responsible for carrying out the duties of an apprentice role to the highest level
- Fulfil all required duties
Working as part of a team
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Contribute towards team meetings and communicate regularly and effectively with other team members
Communicating with confidence
- Be able to communicate with confidence in Welsh and English
- Be able to show the appropriate skills to communicate effectively with any audience
Commitment to learning
- Commit to your development to fulfil your job and apprenticeship
- Continuously identify and implement personal development needs
Understand what is required to work for the council
- Understand the challenges that is facing the Council
- Pursue opportunities to be creative
- Ensure that the people of Gwynedd is central to everything that you do
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT TRAINING
Qualified to at least level 2 meeting the following requirements:
- 4 GCSEs grade D or above (grade C or above in mathematics)
- Level 2 vocational qualification (e.g. BTEC First Level 2 Diploma)
For your information, any combination of qualifications with an equivalent grade will be acceptable
SKILLS AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
Listening and Speaking
Able to maintain a fluent conversation on a number of various everyday subjects, and discuss cases involving the field of work.
Able to follow a discussion in Welsh, in Clear Welsh, on familiar matters relating to the post. Able to contribute to the conversation and answer questions.
Reading and Understanding
Understand everyday correspondence on familiar issues at work.
Understand longer reports in Clear Welsh and be able to pick up the main points. (help may be required with the vocabulary).
Able to write letters for a specific purpose, e-mails and short reports in Welsh and English, using vocabulary and simple phrases that are familiar to the field of work. (They will need to be checked before being sent out).
PURPOSE OF THE POST
- Receive experiences and support in the workplace to complete an apprenticeship and gain qualifications in the field of education and children
- To support learning in special schools and support young people to develop skills in schools and in the community
- Ensuring that the people of Gwynedd are central to everything we do
RESPONSIBILITY FOR FUNCTIONS
This is a new apprenticeship offered by Cyngor Gwynedd and one that does not follow a traditional route. There is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join us to receive experiences of working as a classroom assistant in the field of special education and youth work together.
As an apprentice in the field of special education and youth service, you will receive various experiences of working in the classroom and in the community.
All Gwynedd Council apprentices are expected to demonstrate the following:
- The right behavior and attitude
- Do your best in the day to day work and the qualification
- Contribute towards the success of the Council
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Communicate effectively
- Be ready to learn new things
- Understand exactly what is needed to work for the Council
Here is an overview of the main duties of the job:
- Supporting individual pupils and groups of pupils, including those with additional learning needs
- Supporting staff to accompany pupils on trips and activities outside the school
- Establish a good relationship with the pupils
- Provide feedback to pupils with guidance from the teacher
- Work with the teacher to create a good learning environment
- Support the Youth Worker to deliver projects and activities to young people in their communities
- Support the Youth Worker to identify the interests and needs of young people
- Support the Youth Worker to develop sessions, projects, events and activities
- Support the Youth Worker to offer different learning experiences to young people
- Take part in other training and learning activities
As a Cyngor Gwynedd member of staff, you have the following responsibilities:
- Responsibility for self-development.
- Ensure that the Health and Safety rules in the workplace and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy are followed
- Follow the Council’s policies in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
- Responsible for managing information and to ensure that personal information is treated appropriately
- Commit to the Carbon Management Plan and encourage people to reduce the Council’s Carbon Footprint
- Responsibility to report any suspicion that a child or vulnerable adult is being abused