Swyddi ar lein
Tunnel Asset and Compliance Manager - Ref: 22-22656
£39,571 - £41,591 a year | Permanent
- Job title:
- Tunnel Asset and Compliance Manager
- North and Mid Wales Trunk Road Agent
- Tunnels and Technology Unit
- Closing date:
- 16/06/2022 10:00
- Job type/Hours:
- Permanent | 37 Hour
- £39,571 - £41,591 a year
- Pay Scale:
- North Wales Traffic Management Centre , Conwy
Tunnel Asset and Compliance Manager
SALARY: PS4 (SCP 35-37) (£40,760 – £42,840)
LOCATION: - Conwy & Hybrid Working
NMWTRA has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to join our dynamic Technology Team.
This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to progress their career in technology, electrical and asset management working on the A55 road tunnels that form a critical part of Wales’s transport infrastructure.
The post would suit a canditate that has strong analytical and problem solving skills who is self motivated and able to use their own initiative to manage small team. A key element to this role is to ensure that the A55 Tunnels continue to be compliant with curent legislation and standards. This may require working unsociable hours on an occasional basis.
The ideal canditate would have a passion for technology and innovation. They would support the delivery of maintenance and projects relating to the the A55 road tunnels that includes developing innovative products and services, managing resources, budgets and client / stakeholder liaison.
The successful canditate will gain opportunities to lead on current and emerging best practices and standards relating to tunnel operations and safety procedures.
They must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to adapt their style to suit the audience. Experience of report writing in a similar technical role would be advantageous.
Working closely with stakeholders and other members of the professional team to provide a pivotal role in developing solutions that exceed our client's expectations.
Applicants should have experience of working within a supportive environment, be able to logically approach problems and use evidence to reach solutions or recommendations, be comfortable using a range of software, and quickly learn how to use new systems and interfaces.
The ideal candidate shall have experience and an understanding of asset management systems, mechanical and electrical installations and Microsoft Technologies such as Word, Excel and PowerBI.
Working for NMWTRA you’ll experience an inclusive, friendly and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful and rewarding career opportunity where you’ll help to transform society. Other advantages of working with us is a public sector pension, paid leave and other staff discounts.
If you have any specific queries relating to the above posts, please contact Andrew Roberts 01492 564750.
Closing Date: 10am Thursday 16/06/22
If you are successful to be short listed for an interview you will be contacted by E-MAIL using the address provided on your application form. You need to ensure that you check your E-MAIL regularly.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Self-motivated and committed.
Willingness to take responsibility for own actions within defined parameters.
Ability to receive, assimilate and evaluate information from multiple sources.
Candidates must be self-motivated and capable of working with a minimum of supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND RELEVANT TRAINING
Degree or equivalent in one of the following:
• Information / Technology Systems
• Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering
• Construction Project Management
HNC or equivalent in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or an equivalent appropriate discipline and significant relevant experience.
Chartered Membership of an appropriate professional body.
Health and Safety training.
Management and Leadership training.
Relevant experience in managing the delivery of infrastructure improvement schemes or maintaining of multi modal related assets such as tunnels or manufacturing plant.
Experience in coordinating and managing programmes of work.
Experience in contract administration and project procurement.
Experience of managing framework contracts.
Experience of liaising with multiple stakeholders.
Proven experience in managing and maintaining highway technology assets or other industrial infrastructure.
Experience of maintaining compliance with regulations e.g. Road Tunnel Safety Regs, Electricity at Works Regs.
Experience of mechanical and electrical asset management systems.
Experience of managing and maintaining mechanical and electrical systems.
Experience of managing resources to deliver multidisciplinary programmes of work.
SKILLS AND SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGE
Ability to organise work priorities, forward plan and deliver programmes of work on time with minimum supervision.
Ability to effectively co-ordinate and manage the delivery of work programmes through service providers to prescribed deadlines.
To undertake duties in a confident and professional manner with the ability to show initiative and creativity.
Ability to receive, assimilate and evaluate information from multiple sources and provide detailed recommendations.
The implementation and use of Asset Management Systems.
Detailed knowledge of project and asset management and the key processes within the delivery of individual projects within an engineering or construction environment.
Current Driving Licence.
Good Interpersonal and strong analytical skills and the ability to produce detailed report writing supplemented by effective presentation skills.
Financial management and analysis skills.
Detailed knowledge of legislation, standards and other policies relating to Project Management.
Knowledge of traffic management operations on high speed roads.
Working knowledge of CDM regulations.
Knowledge of highways related standards and legislation.
Detailed knowledge of administering construction projects through modern procurement methods e.g. NEC Suite of Contracts.
Knowledge of delivering construction projects utilising framework agreements.
Listening and Speaking
Able to pronounce the names of places and people correctly.
Able to follow instructions and understand simple conversation through the medium of Welsh and English on familiar matters and respond to simple requests for information
Reading and Comprehension
Able to read and understand short and simple letters, e-mails, leaflets, and signs in Welsh and English on familiar everyday issues, in order to convey them to someone else.
Writing Able to write a simple message requesting or giving information about familiar everyday issues in the workplace.
The attributes expected of the postholder should be noted. These should be used
as assessment criteria for all candidates.
Purpose of the Post.
1. To be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all Agency tunnel technology mechanical and electrical maintenance and capital projects with regard to ensuring delivery to cost, time and quality requirements.
2. Manage the tunnel maintenance team including undertaking performance and audit responsibilities.
3. To assist in the coordination and programming of the Agency’s annual and 5-year programme of asset renewal, upgrade and maintenance programme.
4. Monitor compliance and continual development of Tunnel Safety Documentation in accordance with operational feedback and legislation requirements.
5. To support the Tunnel Operations Manager in the development and delivery of the overall programme of capital projects and revenue activities.
6. To act as the Agency’s tunnel projects and maintenance specialist and to advise on tunnel safety issues including maintenance and inspection requirements for tunnel equipment.
7. Assist the Tunnel Operations Manager to maintain the Health and Safety File for the A55 tunnels.
8. Management and administration of the tunnel asset management system (AMX).
9. To ensure compliant contract administration of tunnel project and maintenance activities on the network to meet WG requirements.
10. To assist in the development and implementation of tunnel safety policies and procedures including the management, development and implementation of the RTSR Safety Documentation.
11. To assist with regard to the technical and contractual aspects of the establishment, monitoring and renewal of the Agency’s framework and term service contracts.
12. To act as Project Sponsor and CDM Client on projects and maintenance closures as required.
13. To procure and project manage specialist contractor and consultancy services in accordance with Agency procedures, ensuring compliance with performance requirements.
Responsibility for functions . e.g. staff, budgets, equipment
• Management of external service providers (WG service providers, Partner Authorities and private sector consultants and contractors).
• Management of all relevant Tunnel capital project and revenue budgets.
• Management of all tunnel life safety engineering systems.
• Management of the Tunnel and Technology data management systems and database.
Main Duties .
To undertake an overseeing and coordinating role for all Agency tunnel activities (inspections/maintenance and capital projects) with regard to ensuring delivery to cost, time and quality requirements, including:
• Maintaining and monitoring a master schedule of all tunnel project and maintenance activities (projects, inspection and maintenance), with specific emphasis on ensuring delivery.
• To undertake the preparation of project briefs, mini-competition tendering procedures, project management programmes/plans, and project delivery.
• Applying the principles of the PRINCE2 project management system.
• To prepare and arrange for the implementation of permanent Traffic Orders where necessary. To provide advice to Route Managers on the preparation of Temporary Traffic Orders/Notices.
• To advise on tunnel safety related issues in relation to major improvement schemes as required.
• To investigate near misses, accidents and analyse tunnel assets data to identify patterns, and take appropriate action as necessary, using WG and other databases.
• Managing Partner Authority and private sector providers with regard to projects including the provision of Key Performance Indicators and addressing any performance issues.
• Liaising with the Business Unit Commercial Team with regard to project performance management.
• Assisting with project closure including commissioning, as-built records and updating of inventory.
• Assist the tunnel safety officer with the management and implementation of regulatory tunnel emergency exercises.
• Review and update tunnel maintenance and inspection schedules in accordance with equipment manufacturers recommendations.
To assist the Agency’s with contract administration and project procurement for tunnel projects and maintenance activities.
To ensure compliant contract administration of projects on the network to meet WG requirements.
To act as Project Sponsor on projects as agreed. In this capacity, to undertake the following functions: -
• to identify project need, secure project funding and prepare project brief.
• to ensure that all commissions are allocated in accordance with the PA Consultancy Service Protocol.
• to agree the project brief and programme.
• to approve consultancy fee and delivery team proposals.
• to liaise with relevant WG personnel.
• to be responsible for overall project delivery and budget management.
• to agree and approve compensation events.
• to review and agree monthly submissions for payment.
• to receive, review, amend and approve project KPI’s.
• to initiate non-performance processes.
• to report on expenditure to date and future expenditure profile to the Agency Business Unit.
• to arrange and chair project progress meetings.
• to review and endorse project related submissions prior to issue to WG.
• to ensure appropriate closure of projects in accordance with defined procedures.
To act as CDM Client on projects as required.
To manage all relevant tunnel maintenance budgets associated with the A55 tunnels, including projects where the post holder acts as project sponsor.
To assist in the coordination of the process of identifying, promoting and prioritising the Agency’s annual and 5-year programme of capital renewal, upgrade and safety schemes.
To manage the tunnel closure management schedules, working with the NMWTRA ITS and Electrical Manager to agree attendance of closure management.
To support the Tunnel and Technology Unit Manager in the overall development and delivery of the programme of revenue and capital projects across the Trunk Road network in North and Mid Wales in accordance with Welsh Government (WG) requirements.
To enable the delivery of the programmes of projects through the procurement of trunk road consultancy services and construction works in accordance with Agency procedures.
Other Technical Duties
To assist with the technical and contractual aspects of the establishment, monitoring and renewal of the Agency’s framework contracts.
To assist in the development and implementation of project procurement policy and procedures.
Development and implementation of tunnel safety documentation.
This will include training and staff development issues both within the Agency and with service providers.
To ensure that the principles of Rethinking Construction are promoted by the Agency in its procurement procedures.
To develop and review processes as part of continual improvement to ensure that budget allocations are utilised efficiently and effectively and that works are delivered to time cost and quality, without undue public or media reaction.
To assist in the management, the collation, preparation and submission of costs and programme estimates for both project and maintenance activities to WG.
To ensure compliance with all legislative requirements relevant to the post including: -
• Design Manual for Roads & Bridges
• Specification for Highway Works
• Method of Measurement for Highway Works
• Chapter 8 Traffic Signs Manual
• WG Trunk Road Maintenance Manual
• NEC3 term service contracts and NEC4 option A and E contracts.
• Gwynedd Council Standing Orders
• Electricity at Works Regulations
• Road Tunnel Safety Regulation (RTSR)
• CDM Regulations
• Other relevant documents referenced by the WGMAA agreement.
• Relevant documentation in relation maintenance and inspection of equipment associated with the A55 tunnels.
To ensure Agency Partner Authority and Framework service providers comply with UK / WG policies and standards.
To assist the Business & Quality Manager and relevant staff to develop systems and procedures for the Agency Business Management System.
To ensure that systems and processes are implemented to audit, monitor and manage the performance of the supply chain in delivering the projects.
To implement methods of reviewing performance and working in partnership to deliver continuous improvement.
To address areas of service provider non-performance.
Health, Safety and Environment
It is the responsibility of every employee within the Agency to comply with the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality policies as defined within the Agency Integrated Business Management System.
To ensure that Health and Safety at Work and environmental legislation and policies are strictly adhered to.
Undertake personal Health and Safety responsibility at all times.
Assist the NMWTRA health and safety audit team with access to tunnel closures to undertake audits and then undertake subsequent review to implement solutions to any non-conformities identified.
To liaise as appropriate with Agency officers, WG Officers, Partner Authorities and other relevant bodies.
To foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement. In this context, to monitor technological, contractual and other developments in the industry, including new methods, with the aim of adopting best practice wherever appropriate.
To assist and support the Tunnel and Technology Unit. Provide support to other Agency officers in the fulfilment of their duties.
To represent the interests of the Agency generally at meetings with stakeholders.
Managerial, contract administration, technical and professional duties commensurate with the status of the post.
Responsibility for information management in accordance with the Council’s information management standards and guidelines. Ensure that personal information is handled in compliance with Data Protection legislation.
• Responsibility for self-development.
• Ensure compliance with Health and Safety rules in the workplace in accordance with the responsibilities noted in the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Council’s Health and Safety Policy.
• Operate within the Council’s policies and procedures in relation to equal opportunities and equality.
• Responsibility for information management in accordance with the Council’s information management standards and guidelines. Ensure that personal information is handled in compliance with Data Protection legislation
The above list of duties is not exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to undertake any other duties relevant to the nature and scale of the post, in accordance with reasonable requests from the Line Manager.
Special Circumstances . e.g. the need to work unsociable hours, special working arrangements etc.
• The need to work outside normal working hours (Overnight and Weekends) in order to meet the requirements of the Service.
• Attendance at overnight tunnel closures, possibly at short notice in the event of tunnel incidents.
• Undertake the role as on call technology engineer on a rota-based system
Only an outline of duties are indicated above, in order to give an idea of the level of responsibility entailed. This job description is not exhaustive in detail, and job duties may change from time to time without changing its fundamental nature and level of responsibility.